Bring cheaper and more reliable mobile Internet to everyone
Why the world needs our mobile connectivity exchange
Mobile connectivity is a scarce resource for most people. While it takes the average American about 30 minutes of work to afford 500 MB of mobile connectivity, it takes 40 hours for a Mexican citizen to afford the same thing. Mexico is representative of the rest of the world. Even outside of emerging countries, when people travel, they either have to pay roaming fees or face the friction of dealing with local carriers.
Something has to change in the telecom space, and our proposition is a unified exchange on which actors such as carriers, Mobile Virtual Network Operators, IoT providers, phone makers and many more can trade connectivity to drive prices down and enable new experiences for users and businesses. Our platform uses the Stellar blockchain to prove that every transaction made on our exchange is authentic.
More details in our whitepaper. Get in touch to get a copy.
- Microservices in Go
- Protobuf and gRPC for internal microservice interactions, REST when public-facing
- Docker managed by Kubernetes for our microservices deployments
- Deployed on AWS
- Stellar blockchain for auditable, incorruptible transactions
- Python and shell scripts for one-off scripts
- ELK stack for log aggregation
- Monitoring with Zabbix, incident management with PagerDuty
- Data Warehousing with Airflow & Superset
- Multiple kinds of databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, MongoDB
- Configuration management with Chef
Our culture and team
- We value diverse points of view and opinions
- We are all empowered to make decisions as long as we document them…
- … and we document as much as we can, for both current and new employees
- Once a decision has been agreed upon, we work together in the same direction
- We’re all engineers, including our CEO who’s led 3 startups into successful exits
- Being a distributed team, some meetings are unavoidable but we understand the need for undisturbed focus
- Being global, we all speak English well enough to communicate with one another. All our documentation is in English.
Still on the fence?
Our compensation is competitive and includes stock options. All our engineers get a brand new MacBook Pro. Our offices are a place we enjoy sharing with our team. We all enjoy healthy snacks and provisions. We are a distributed team with headquarters in NYC and offices in Mexico City and Paris, so some travel is expected.
You will be part of the initial core team in a well-funded startup that is poised to redefine what wireless means for consumers. You will build the largest overlay network in the world.
Why we need you
Our Tech Ops team is responsible for guaranteeing the stability of our Production environment as well as accelerating Engineering development. Your experience with the below will push us forward:
- 3+ years of AWS architecture and operation experience
- Infrastructure as code
- Establishing VPNs from early conversations and setup to ongoing maintenance
- Large volume API Service Mesh
- TCP/IP challenges in hybrid cloud/on-prem architectures
- Container-heavy CI/CD pipelines
- Automated testing frameworks
Contact us at email@example.com to apply.