Bring cheaper and more reliable mobile Internet to everyone
Why the world needs our mobile connectivity exchange
Mobile connectivity is a scarce resource for most people. While it takes the average American about 30 minutes of work to afford 500 MB of mobile connectivity, it takes 40 hours for a Mexican citizen to afford the same thing. Mexico is representative of the rest of the world. Even outside of emerging countries, when people travel, they either have to pay roaming fees or face the friction of dealing with local carriers.
Something has to change in the telecom space, and our proposition is a unified exchange on which actors such as carriers, Mobile Virtual Network Operators, IoT providers, phone makers and many more can trade connectivity to drive prices down and enable new experiences for users and businesses. Our platform uses the Stellar blockchain to prove that every transaction made on our exchange is authentic.
More details in our whitepaper. Get in touch to get a copy.
- Microservices in Go – come learn it with us if you don’t know it!
- Protobuf and gRPC for internal microservice interactions, REST when public-facing
- Docker for our microservices deployments
- AWS for all things infra and managed services
- Stellar blockchain for auditable, incorruptible transactions
- Python and shell scripts for ops, one-off scripts, etc.
Our culture and team
- We value diverse points of view and opinions
- We are all empowered to make decisions as long as we document them…
- … and we document as much as we can, for both current and new employees
- Once a decision has been agreed upon, we work together in the same direction
- We’re all engineers, including our CEO who’s led 3 startups into successful exits
- Being a distributed team, some meetings are unavoidable but we understand the need for undisturbed focus
- Predictably, we took Agile and made it our own, complete with biweekly standups and 1-2 week sprints
- Being global, we all speak English well enough to communicate with one another. All our documentation is in English.
Still on the fence?
We pay between 50-65k EUR plus stock options. All our engineers get a brand new MacBook Pro. Our offices are a place we enjoy sharing with our team. We all enjoy healthy snacks and provisions. We are a distributed team with headquarters in NYC and an office in Mexico City, so some travel is expected. Our Paris office is in Paris proper with lovely restaurants and cafés all around.
You will be part of the initial core team in a well-funded startup that is poised to redefine what wireless means for consumers. You will build the largest overlay network in the world.
Why we need you
We are going deeper into the Android networking stack (mostly userland) and we need to interact with SIM cards. Your experience with the below will push us forward:
- Networking stack, sockets, and virtual network kernel interfaces on Linux/Unix
- Newer transport-level protocols, especially multipath protocols such as QUIC, MPTCP
- Interfacing with the SIM card on Android, including signing SIM card profiles
- Virtual phone numbers
- Experience with the Radio Interface Layer and Telephony stack on Android (PDP context and rating updating, SIM profile switching, radio metrics collection,
- SDK Security including SDK signature using carrier signature and code injection prevention / Memory code randomization
- xRPC and inter-app communication via intents
Contact us at email@example.com to apply.